Hi, I met Drew Schlussel (Senior Director, Product Marketing @ Wasabi) during the VeeamSummit100 2022. He shared some interesting information between Veeam v12 and Wasabi. Here’s a blog post about the new integration offered by Wasabi with Veeam Backup & Replication v12.
Simplify Wasabi Object Storage Usage with Veeam B&R v12 (adds Wasabi bucket in 1 click):
First vendor to meet the formal requirements for inclusion. Positive customer feedback, just works.
What is Object Lock?
Object Lock is a data protection feature wherein a user can designate certain files or “objects” to be immutable, meaning they cannot be altered or deleted by anyone. Via the policies of data management applications, users set an allotted time for an object to be immutable, after which it can be altered or deleted.
Example of Veeam and Wasabi architecture (secure by design):
Note: Veeam B&R v12 comes out with its support for backing up directly to object storage.
Why backup directly to Object Storage?:
- -Built-in durability/reliability: “11 nines” offered by vendors,
- -Alternative to Hardened Repository & “Appliance” demand (for customers without Linux knowledge for example),
- -Financial reasons (existing Object Storage can be cheaper than SAN),
- -Management reasons (less hardware in branch offices/home office),
- -Security (Object Lock is a data protection feature wherein a user can designate certain files or “objects” to be immutable, meaning they cannot be altered or deleted by anyone. Via the policies of data management applications, users set an allotted time for an object to be immutable, after which it can be altered or deleted.).
Uses-cases with Wasabi:
- -Immutable Backup (Object Lock and Compliance mode),
- -Backup copy jobs that only copy the newest X restore points to cloud Object Storage,
- -Direct to cloud, with good connection or low RPO/RTO requirements,
- -Agents running in the cloud.
Fixed in v12:
Workaround today: use undelete scripts provided by AWS / Wasabi
More infos on Veeam Community Forum: Here.
Monaco Digital (first Wasabi partner in France) made the offer of a 1TB trial free account on Wasabi, we’ve a tremendous response and sign-ups. We continue to get positive feedback about the simplicity of using Wasabi with Veeam for continued education, experimentation, demos, and POCs. kindly send an email to and we’ll take care of you.
Thanks to Drew!
VeeaMover in v12: Blog Post
Ransomware & Cybersecurity with Veeam v12: Blog Post
Why backup directly to Object Storage? Blog Post
Veeam B&R v12 New Features Overview: Blog Post
[REPLAY] Webinar Veeam v12 and Wasabi: Replay
Protect your data with Veeam and Wasabi: Blog post
Wasabi – Object Lock feature spotlight: Blog post
Veeam and the S3-compatible object storage solutions: Blog Post
[PODCAST] Veeam User Group France #1: Record
Conti initiates their attacks on Backup: Blog Post
Backup with Trusted Repository Storage: Blog Post.
Protect your Backup against Ransomware: Blog Post.