Veeam released a hotfix for Hyper-V Backup jobs failing with an error “Cannot find Hyper-V virtual machine group information on host…” after upgrade to Veeam B&R 9.5 Update 4…
After installing Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4, Hyper-V Backup backup without application-aware processing may fail with the error “Cannot find Hyper-V virtual machine group information on host…” or Backup Copy Job can also to be affected.
This issue is caused by the snapshot path in the VM ‘s configuration being different from the actual path on a file system in terms of symbols capitalization. You can confirm this by comparing paths in bold in the Task VM NAME VM UUID.log file.
Install a hotfix for Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4 (build 220.127.116.1115):
- Ensure that all jobs are in a stopped state.
- Stop all services on the Veeam Backup server that begin with Veeam. (PowerShell: gsv Veeam* | spsv )
- Navigate to the Veeam installation folder on the Veeam Backup Server (by default it is C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup)
- Rename the Veeam.Backup.Core.dll file to Veeam.Backup.Core.dll_backup
- Replace the files listed in the previous step with those found in the hotfix package
- Start Veeam services on Veeam Backup server. (PowerShell: gsv Veeam* | sasv )
Download the hotfix here.
[RELEASE] Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v3!
Veeam Backup for Office 365 v2 – Architecture & Components – Blog Post!
Step by Step Guide Veeam Backup for Office365 v2 Installation – Step by Step Guide!
VeeamON 2019 Coverage – v10 is coming!
Interview – Q&A about Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 U3: Veeam Blog
VeeamON Forum France – Interviewed by LeMagIT: LeMagIT