Hi, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 2 will allow you to create backups of Microsoft Office 365 and on-premises Exchange and SharePoint organizations that contain users mailboxes, Microsoft SharePoint data, and OneDrive documents. Much-requested support for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business! Not just user files but also group mail, OneDrive, sites and also other SharePoint sites. To explore the backups, you can use Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange or Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint both of which come as part of the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 distribution package. Veeam Explorers allow you to quickly recover users mailboxes, folders, messages, tasks, calendar items, and contacts. You can also restore your Microsoft SharePoint items and sites as well as Microsoft OneDrive documents. You can use the in-built send and save abilities to send any items as an attachment or save any items locally. You can even export Microsoft Exchange data using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange functionality…
The following steps briefly describe the overall concept of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v2 backup and restore procedures:
1. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 2 obtains data from the Office 365 and/or on-Premises Exchange/SharePoint organizations and creates a backup file based on the backup job configuration settings.
2. Users utilize a corresponding Veeam Explorer tool to explore, recover, export, save or send the data from a backup file:
- To learn how to recover, export, save or send Microsoft Exchange data using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange, see the Processing Microsoft Exchange Backups section.
- To learn how to recover, send, or save Microsoft SharePoint data using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint, see the Processing Microsoft SharePoint Backups section.
- To learn how to recover, copy, send or save Microsoft OneDrive data using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft OneDrive for Business, see the Processing Microsoft OneDrive Backups section.
The following new features and enhancements have been implemented in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 2.0:
- Support for Microsoft SharePoint sites, libraries, items, and documents backup and restore,
- Support for Microsoft OneDrive documents backup and restore,
- Support for separate components installation during the setup,
- Support for selecting color schemes,
- Support for custom list templates in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint,
- Support for comparing items in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange,
- Support for exporting extended logs for proxy servers components.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v2 distribution package comprises the following applications:
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365,
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange,
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint.
Responsible for handling an organization data backup and restore and consists of the following components:
- Veeam.Archiver.Service (display name Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service) service. Controls global configuration settings.
- Veeam.Archiver.Proxy (display name Veeam Backup Proxy for Microsoft Office 365 Service) service. Performs proxy servers management.
- Veeam.Archiver.Shell UI component. Provides a graphical UI representation.
- Veeam.Archiver.RESTful.Service (display name Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office RestFul API Service) service. Processes RESTful commands. This service is disabled by default and can be activated by enabling the REST feature as described in the Configuring RESTful API Settings section.
Next week, I have the opportunity to participate in a live webinar in French as official Speaker (Veeam Vanguard) between Veeam, Microsoft and Monaco Informatique Service – Avangarde. Basically, I will present new vision & strategy 2018 of Veeam Software then introduced with the upcoming Veeam Availability Suite v9.5 Update 4 and other Veeam Availability solutions that will transform digital lives such as Veeam Backup for Office365 v2… You can register here and discover new features… 🙂 (“REGISTER” button).
VeeamON Chicago – Vision & Strategy 2018 – Recap!
VeeamONForum France Recap!
VeeamON Forum France – Interviewed by LeMagIT: LeMagIT
MUG – Microsoft User Group – First event in Monaco! Join us!.